February 2021’s meeting included a neighborhood updates from Park Central Development.
16 February 2021 / Start Time 6:45 PM / Zoom
Meeting Called to order at 6:49pm (President, Dan Doelling)
FPSE Neighborhood Business
6:45 – 6:55 pm Announcements (Community)
6:55 – 7:00 pm Treasurer’s Report (Steve Chodes)
- Steve set VENMO verification phone number to Steve’s personal number; this will need to be changed after next FPSENA election
- January 31, 2021: total FPSENA savings account balance is $2,619.33
7:00 – 7:05 pm Crime and Safety Report (Officer Ed Slade)
- Officer Ed Slade was absent
- FPSENA did not receive a report from Officer Slade or WUMCRC this month because the Police Department is updating their software.
7:05 – 7:10 pm Neighborhood Improvement Specialist Update (Ron Coleman)
- Ron Coleman was absent but emailed a request: Please ensure your house number on your rear fence or garage is easily visible for emergency vehicles.
- Dan Doelling shared catalytic converter theft prevention tips
7:10 – 7:20 pm Park Central Development Update (Alayna & Abdul)
- Alayna Graham:
- Grove CID Updates:
- CID is still negotiating the “GROVE” sign repairs
- An RFP is out for pedestrian street light banners
- Park Central Development:
- PCD’s Project Clean Air (HVAC) provides duct cleaning for seniors
- Emergency utility assistance is available till end of month for residents whose utilities have been shut off. 12 residents have benefitted.
- GAP: Grove Assault Prevention initiative will give training about consent to all businesses in the Grove.
- Abdul-Kaba Abdullah:
- 43 people benefitted PCD’s Rental Assistance program
- PCD plans $300,000 of CARES Act COVID19 mortgage assistance
- No updates on the Arco project; community voiced concern about “bait and switch.” Roddy & PCDDC denied support.
- Drury is selling their properties in FPSE. No proposals from new developers are public yet; a Kingshighway development may not require approval if it fits Form Based Code, but a community engagement process will be required if developments are proposed east of the alley occur.
- There are no public plans regarding the WUSTL land; WUSTL may hold land for their own internal purposes.
- No currently proposed projects will exceed $1 million.
- Infrastructure upgrades south of Manchester to be paid for by GreenStreet and a CID, as part of the 3rd phase of a WUSTL’s RFP. https://www.union-stl.com/public
- Updates from PCD’s Infrastructure Committee: 50K from FPSEDC for sidewalks (due to Ward Capital funds going to the Brickline Greenway)
- Ronald McDonald House update: the big structure to be torn down because it recently caught on fire. No timeline but the project should move forward in the coming year.
- No update on former Manchester Market; developer may be attempting to acquire land from Science Center. A mural has been commissioned for the building.
- Brickline Tower Grove Connector will go down Vandeventer; project will start this year.
- There will be a community engagement process, to include residents on Vandeventer.
- Abdul sits on a related economic development committee
- A spa will open at 4400 Chouteau
- The Grove CID will be expanded to include Vandeventer; the change will include businesses like Raising Canes.
7:20 – 7:25 pm FPSENA Social Events & Committee (Adam)
- Looking for ways to meet neighbors? Help us plan social events for 2021! To join our social committee; please email firstname.lastname@example.org
7:25 – 7:35 pm Brainstorm questions to ask candidates for Alderperson & Mayor
- If you have questions that you’d like candidates for Alderperson and/or Mayor to answer, please email them to email@example.com
- Feb 22 at 7pm the Midtown Community Services will have a Alderperson Zoom forum, access via https://www.midtownstl.org
Guest Speakers and Discussion
7:35 – 7:45 pm Q&A with Board and Neighborhood Representatives
- This conversation will postponed till next month, March 16h
7:45 PM Adjournment (Dan Doelling)
You can listen to the recording of this month’s meeting on Anchor and wherever you listen to your podcasts.
You can download this month’s minutes below.