Missouri Department of Transportation crews will open the new Tower Grove interchange at I-64 this Friday. In addition, as part of the interchange, the ramp from westbound I-64 to Boyle will reopen.
The $17.9 million project, which started in early 2013:
- Replaced bridges at Taylor, Newstead, Tower Grove and Boyle Avenues
- Constructed a new interchange at Tower Grove/Boyle
- Added two new ramps at Tower Grove and Boyle to support the existing ramps
- Built a new roundabout south of Tower Grove and I-64
- Installed signals at the westbound entrance and exit ramps at Boyle, and at the intersection of Boyle and Papin
- Realigned and installed signals on Clayton Avenue at Tower Grove and Boyle to coordinate interchange traffic
- Built new I-64 pavement between Kingshighway and Newstead and resurfaced I-64 between Newstead and Sarah
Washington University Medical Center and BJC Healthcare partnered with the department on the project.
Minor work on roadways and sidewalks will continue around the project. The project is scheduled to be complete later this year.
For more information, click here.