Forest Park Southeast & Kings Oak Block Captain Program
Let’s create St. Louis’ best blocks!
Interested in becoming a Block Captain for your block? Fill out the form here or at the bottom of this page, and we’ll be in touch!
Don’t know who your block captain is? Check the list below for your Block Captain and how to contact them.
What is the Forest Park Southeast – Kings Oak Block Captain Program?
The Block Captain Program is an approach to maintaining and improving each of our blocks in Forest Park Southeast and Kings Oak. It’s not a neighborhood watch program, but program to create the best blocks in St. Louis by getting to know each other and our neighborhood.
What are Block Captains?
Block Captains are the neighbors who represent the residents on their block. These folks welcome new residents on their block, share info and resources with their neighbors and the association, and help the association plan block events.
The Forest Park Southeast – Kings Oak Block Captain program operates as a group of block representatives from the two neighborhoods representing both Forest Park Southeast and Kings Oak.
What does a Block Captain do?
- The Block Captain welcomes new residents to the block and keeps a volunteer contact list of your block with info on how your neighbors prefer to be contacted.
- The Block Captain establishes & maintains lines of communication with the residents of the block. This may be accomplished by flyers, emails, phone calls, personal visits, periodic meetings, etc.
- The Block Captain keeps abreast of developments in the neighborhood & communicates them to the residents of the block. This may include neighborhood meetings & events, or important safety information.
- The Block Captain listens to the concerns of the residents of the block & carries them back to appropriate agencies – neighborhood association, alderperson, improvement specialist, etc.
- The Block Captain may organize block residents to address specific concerns.
- The Block Captain helps the Association organize block activities (Clean-ups & Operation Brightside, Block Parties, etc)